Winnipeg is a city located within Manitoba, Canada.
Single detached homes are the predominant housing type, representing most dwellings in Winnipeg, whereas the rest are mainly large apartment buildings and small apartment buildings. Roughly one third of properties in this city were built pre-1960, while most of the remaining buildings were constructed in the 1960s and the 1980s. This city is primarily composed of two bedroom and three bedroom homes. Homeowners occupy roughly two thirds of the dwellings in the city and the rest are rented.
This city is an extremely good part of the Greater Winnipeg metropolitan area for getting around by car. Many homes for sale are a short drive from the closest highway, such as Perimeter Highway, and it is very convenient to access a parking spot. However, the public transit network in Winnipeg is not very convenient. Thankfully, the city is linked by over 50 bus lines, and bus stops are usually nearby. Winnipeg is not particularly suitable for walking because carrying out daily needs is difficult on foot.
Parents and their kids will find that wherever their home is located in Winnipeg, both primary and secondary schools are close by. Residents benefit from public and private schools at both the elementary and secondary school level. However, parents and their children may consider it difficult to reach daycares as a pedestrian. With respect to eating, it is easy to get to the nearest grocery store on foot in this city. Over 450 supermarkets are situated nearby, and the best selection can be found on streets such as Marion Street. There are also a limited number of options for those who appreciate restaurants and cafes in close proximity.
The character of Winnipeg is exemplified by its relaxed ambience. This city is quiet, as there tend to be low levels of noise from traffic - although that is not the case near the airport (YWG), Perimeter Highway or one of the railway lines. Finally, a lot of locations within the city have fairly good access to green spaces, like Maple Grove Park and Assiniboine Forest, since there are over 1200 of them close by for residents to discover.
Royal LePage has complete real estate listings across Canada. Use the search box to find a home or click a listing below to view Canadian homes for sale.
- new listing$264,900204-340 Waterfront DrWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$199,9001128 Dudley AveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$379,900805-200 Tuxedo AveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$349,900177 Inkster BlvdWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$319,900699 Renfrew StWinnipeg, MB
- Open House$299,900130 Dorge DriveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$299,90014 2307 St MaryâS RoadWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$229,90054 Lydia StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$229,900593 Victor StreetWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$199,90057 Villeneuve BlvdWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$1,154,64067 Creemans RoadWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$279,900212 Broad BayWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$249,9001221 Chamberlain AveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$224,900842 Lipton StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$164,900643 Sherburn StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$925,000592 Stella AveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$519,90062 Manor Haven DrWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$489,0001029 Fleet AveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$399,900764 Victor StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$319,900111-1044 Wilkes AveWinnipeg, MB